Other Assistance

Victim Witness Advocates also provide information and assistance regarding:

  • Police protection that may be available due to harm or threatened harm as a result of cooperation with law enforcement and the prosecution.
  • How to receive notification whenever the defendant posts bail, is released from custody, or escapes: CJIS Victim Notification Registry
  • Application for Victim Services Unit Forms
  • Assistance with filing a claim of compensation for victims of violent crimes.
  • Information and applications for Victims Compensation Fund. 
  • Referrals for family support services, including child and other dependent care services.
  • Referral for social services, including financial aid resources, shelters, and counseling.
  • Information about employer and creditor intercession.
  • How to get an expedited return of property.
  • Where to find a secure waiting area during court proceedings.