2019-2020 Legislative Session
The Middlesex District Attorney's Office is committed to public safety by working with the legislature to enhance and strengthen the laws protecting the people of Massachusetts. We do this by identifying areas where change would benefit the criminal justice system, by strengthening existing laws and implementing new ones.
Our office has prepared a summary of each bill we sponsored or co-sponsored during the 2019-2020 Legislative Session. You may activate the link to view the summary, then link to the bill in its entirety currently before the Legislature.
191st General Court of the Commonwealth
- An Act to mandate domestic violence and sexual assault awareness education for aestheticians, barbers, cosmetologists, hairdressers, manicurists, and massage therapists ¦ HB 197, S 125
- An Act relative to the reckless discharge of firearms ¦ HB 2046, S 1426
- An Act to increase safety on public ways ¦ HB 2993
- An Act to clarify penalties for violations occurring while driving with a hardship license ¦ HB 3069
- An Act relative to the punishment of organized retail crimes ¦ HB 3279, S 852
- An Act relative to victims' rights ¦ HB 3314
- An Act regarding district court jurisdiction of threats to use deadly weapons, explosives, chemical or biological agents, or other devises or substances capable of causing death, serious bodily injury or substantial property damage ¦ HB 3315, S 853
- An Act relative to the punishment of the crimes of photographing, videotaping, or electronically surveilling nude or partially nude persons, or the sexual or intimate parts of a person under or around the person's clothing ¦ HB 3316
- An Act for legislation relative to costs of appeals by the Commonwealth ¦ HB 3356, S 878
- An Act to enhance the availability of immunity to witnesses in the courts of the Commonwealth ¦ HB 3359
- An Act regarding testimony after grant of immunity to a witness ¦ HB 3360
- An Act relative to fires and explosions ¦ HB 3361